At the Atlantic Regenerative Joint and Spine Center, we aim to improve your quality of life.
We can help to alleviate pain and allow you to return to the activities you love. Our treatment options are diverse with a strong focus on stem cells and blood platelet procedures to assist in the healing of your injuries. Our non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures use precise image-guided needle injections.
Regenexx’s patented procedures make use of orthopedic stem cell injections or blood platelets to aid your body in the healing of damaged muscles, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, spinal discs and even bone.
At Atlantic Regenerative Joint and Spine Center, we strive to deliver the best care, combined with an excellent patient experience. We aim to educate our patients so they can live a healthier and more active lifestyle. And finally, we offer the most advanced and up-to-date regenerative treatments across the world.
Spinal pain treatments
Many people throughout North America and the world suffer from severe back pain. And, after seeking medical assistance, have been told that only epidural steroid injections or invasive surgery can bring about a cure.
Steroid epidurals should only be viewed as a short-term relief option because although injecting the medication around the inflamed nerves in the spine can help patients avoid surgery, high doses of steroids can have adverse effects. These epidurals may in fact eventually reduce the body’s ability to heal which will in turn cause tissue degeneration and speed up the need for surgery.
Regenexx opts for a different approach called Interventional Orthopedics which involves the use of image guidance (fluoroscopy and ultrasound) in order to precisely place high-dose stem cells or platelets from your body into the specific joint structure. Once injected, these cells will get to work on growing into new, healthy tissue. Using your own cells to repair the damage, Interventional Orthopedics offers a non-surgical alternative to treat your pain. It is important to note that licensed Regenxx physicians undergo thousands of hours of training following a standardized protocol process before they can administer Interventional Orthopedics.
Regenexx treatments focus on the true cause of your spinal problems. After identifying the most probable causes of pain, the most ideal treatment is selected, after which the natural healing process can be initiated using the least invasive procedure possible.
It is the body’s natural function to repair itself. Although, sometimes this isn’t possible due to age, the body’s health or the severity of the injury. Regenexx treatments focus on using your body’s natural healing capacity to repair or lessen damage by focusing treatment on the exact site of your injury. This procedure eliminates the need for surgery. There are various types of treatments available including:
- Bone-marrow Stem Cells: These can turn into other types of cells and create a repair response. Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are the most efficient at treating orthopedic injuries.
- Culture Expanded Stem Cells: Regenexx offers a licensed site where they can grow stem cells into larger numbers (culture expansion) and where they can also be safely stored thereafter. This is ideal for patients with severe orthopedic conditions, who want to treat multiple joints and who want to store and save cells for future treatments.
- Adipose-Derived Stem Cells: These are fat-derived stem cells. They are proven to be less effective than bone-marrow derived cells but can still be used to create a fat graft that can support and hold in place other structures, allowing them to heal correctly.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma: This comes from concentrating the platelets in your blood in order to enhance healing. Platelets comprise of growth factors that encourage your body to heal itself. The process involves removing nearly all the red and white blood cells; leaving behind an injectable plasma containing exactly what your body needs to assist with damage repair.
- Platelet Lysate: This is a highly specialized derivative of the Platelet-Rich Plasma which strips all the growth factors out of platelets, forcing a more intense release of healing factors.
- Cytokines: A cytokine called Alpha 2 Macrogobulin (A2M) can reduce inflammation and remove tissues from certain chemicals that are known to be destructive of cartilage. A2M, while still awaiting long-term research trials, does show promise to treat or prevent osteoarthritis.
- Extra-cellular Matrix (ECM): This offers a scaffold for cells to grow upon. It does not contain stems cells but does have proteins and growth factors that are believed to assist platelets and stem cells in tendon repair.
If you suffer from spinal pain and are looking for a non-surgical relief, contact us today to book a consultation.